How to choose the right career and be successful in 2022
Everyone is born with one life to live and everyone lives each day having some dream, some aspiration. Some fulfill their dreams successfully, and some people give a thought about achieving their dreams take some steps further, and then take a step back giving up.
While some people never dared to take any step at all. No one is born wealthy, every person is born with equal capability, ability, and intelligence. But how a person utilizes his strength turns them into a successful person. The aim isn’t more money, the aim is to live life on your terms without any regret. Everyone has to struggle in their life, no one can achieve a milestone without hard work. But patience is the key, welcome failure as it is.
Why do people fail in their careers
For generations, parents and family members, friends have had a strong opinion that you should get an education, get a job, get married, and have children; this is how the life cycle goes on. But if someone tries to do something out of their league like entrepreneurship, no one supports them. People suggest they take a job and then do whatever they feel like. Even if someone tried to take a bold step by quitting their job to build their dreams, no one supports them. All we are left with is to believe in ourselves and go with the gut feeling.
- Some people follow their gut feelings, work hard till the very end and achieve their goals. The reason is they selected a career that is a part of their dreams. This makes them lead a life with satisfaction.
- Some people though they follow their gut feelings, give up in the middle. Then they either opt for a job that was never part of their dream and most probably fail in their career. This also makes them lead a life with regrets. They never realized that they just had to work a little bit harder for their dreams to be a successful person.
- Finally, the rest of the people follow the rat race without having any goals or dreams. They may earn well in their jobs but they never lead a satisfactory life.
How to choose the right career and be successful | Job vs Business
The biggest people fail to make is whether they want to go for a job or start their venture or business. Some people can be a part of someone’s else dream and help them grow. For example, someone who has expertise in software but doesn’t have the risk-taking capability to start a firm, could find a job and build a career. The only cons of doing a job are they have to accept the stress level as part of their career and work according to the company’s demands.
Some people have the risk-taking capability and expertise in a particular field, but are not ready to work under someone and be their boss could become an entrepreneur. But they have to understand that without patience and consistent hard work. no venture could be successful. But most people give up in the very middle. The other best option is to be a freelancer, removing the burden of starting their firm and working as per their wish.
Becoming your boss has an advantage.
- No worrying about seniors.
- You dream and you work for it.
- There would be ups and downs but eventually, you would go home happy.
How to choose the right career and be successful | Steps to follow
- Dream: You have to have that passion for something, a dream that you always want to fulfill. And you need to figure out whether that dream could be a part of your career planning or not. More important the dream should be realistic in terms of career planning. If you figured out that this dream could be a part of your career, then move on to the next step. Else, figure out what career you could choose and make it a part of your dream. But if you opt for a particular career, don’t give up on it and analyze if it is your long-term plan or not.
- Planning: You have to figure out the necessary skills required to build a career on it. Have you completed your education based on career planning, if not how to acquire the necessary skills? Or are you planning to shift your career to something else, then how to acquire the necessary skills?
- Execution: How would you execute your career plans, are you going to be a part of a corporate world or you would start your enterprise? If you are still confused between a job or entrepreneurship, figure that out.
The power of Social Media
Gone were the days when a career was limited to either job or business. Now with the advent of social media, many people tend to have multiple careers and live happily. This has allowed following their passion through social media and simultaneously have a decent pay job. Many people have started earning more through social media as compared to their jobs. Then, they eventually quit their job to pursue full-time careers in social media.
How to choose the right career and be successful | Conclusion
Have the ability to take risks more than expectations. What a person needs to do is to take a calculative risk and be prepared for the risk so that the impact is manageable. Keep savings money in handy to overcome risk occurrence.
The path you choose, work with full honesty with all your heart and soul.
Finally, never give up in life.
Malini Agarwal has been one of the most inspiring entrepreneurs to date. She has been a constant source of motivation for so many people. Her recent autobiography ” To The Moon”, shares not only her journey but also shares some ideal tips for becoming a successful entrepreneur.